Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How many users we can create in AEM?

Level 5

How many application related users can we create in AEM publish instance.? does this reflect in any performance issue if the number of users is more than 60,000.? Is there any limit on the licencing for the Author Users for AEM?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi

As mentioned by Scott, there are no such user restriction.

Reference article:- http://adobeaemclub.com/max-number-of-users-in-cq-publisher/

//

Question: We are planning to have a CQ publisher around 65k users & around thousand groups. Will there be any performance issues & do we have any limit on number of users you can have in publisher.

Answer: There is no restriction as such. But if you have your users already outside, you can also have your own external login module for authentication and authorization. You will, however, want to ensure you are using AEM 6.0 or higher and Oak. With Jackrabbit/CRX 2, such scale was possible, but you do need to do some extra configuration if you have groups with thousands of members. Your post didn’t call this out specifically, but if you have tens of thousands of users, odds are you have some big groups 

I hope this would be helpful to you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

We have more than 60 K users in Digital Marketing community which is AEM. That is not an issue. There is no hard limit. 

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi

As mentioned by Scott, there are no such user restriction.

Reference article:- http://adobeaemclub.com/max-number-of-users-in-cq-publisher/

//

Question: We are planning to have a CQ publisher around 65k users & around thousand groups. Will there be any performance issues & do we have any limit on number of users you can have in publisher.

Answer: There is no restriction as such. But if you have your users already outside, you can also have your own external login module for authentication and authorization. You will, however, want to ensure you are using AEM 6.0 or higher and Oak. With Jackrabbit/CRX 2, such scale was possible, but you do need to do some extra configuration if you have groups with thousands of members. Your post didn’t call this out specifically, but if you have tens of thousands of users, odds are you have some big groups 

I hope this would be helpful to you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

Level 5

Thank you Scott and Kautuk Sahni,

Is there any limit on the licencing for the Authoring Users for AEM Author instance?

Level 10

As far as I know, the license is based on the number of Author instance and the number of Author instance is determined by the number of authors who will be working concurrently on the instance. You can have 100's of author on 1 instance if only around 15-20 authors are working concurrently.

However, please get in touch with the Adobe Sales team aswell on the same.

Level 3

If in the case of 65000 users required in publish for CQ login in an application, any restriction on no of user can be created under a node so that performance is not hit while login?

Level 1

Hi,

I am creating a new user in publisher and i want to assign Macao as a country to user.

when i am searching in country dropdown Macao is not coming, How to procced on this?

Thanks