Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

How Insert Google Analytics snipper on different pages

Level 1

Hi everybody, I've just started using Adobe AEM so please be kind, try explain to me like to your granny... I'm studying a lot but i was given a task to do and i'm going through a micro-heart attack.

OVERVIEW:

I have a site with a news part.
The news part has....many news pages

I have to insert the Google Analytics base snippet just on the news pages that i want and when i want thanks to a dialog hopefully.

For the moment i inserted the snippet on the page template, but now every page sends data...

I also found this link:  Add gtag.js to your site  |  Analytics for Web (gtag.js) which tells you how to not send data by adding a new line.

Anyway the problem still remains, how do i insert that line just on the pages that i don't want to be tracked?

Thanks everybody, i hope i've been clear enough.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can add a checkbox in page property dialog and based on the switch you can add or remove snippet. To take advantage of inheritance you can use inheritedPageProperties

Example -

<sly data-sly-test="${inheritedPageProperties.isEnable}">

// script

</sly>

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can add a checkbox in page property dialog and based on the switch you can add or remove snippet. To take advantage of inheritance you can use inheritedPageProperties

Example -

<sly data-sly-test="${inheritedPageProperties.isEnable}">

// script

</sly>