Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How i can add less plugin like "less-plugin-inline-svg"

Level 3

I need to add a less plugin(less-plugin-inline-svg) to create a svg data url. is there any option to add new plugin to compiler.

Thanks!, 

Unnikrishnan 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hello @Unnikrishnankv

I don't believe there is, but even if there were, I don't think it would be the best way to proceed.

If you want to do advanced pre-processing then I think your best bet is to do so during a build process, by creating a front-end project as is commonly done when using the later version of the AEM Maven Archetype. Here are some advantages:

1. This is the direction that the AEM community is going, so you're more likely to be in line with best practices
  2. The documentation around npm, webpack, node, etc. is much vaster than the documentation on AEM compilers
  3. You will decouple your pre-processing from AEM, meaning that your website CSS can't be broken by a future AEM release
  4. You have complete control over every aspect of your build for LESS, JS, resources, etc.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hello @Unnikrishnankv

I don't believe there is, but even if there were, I don't think it would be the best way to proceed.

If you want to do advanced pre-processing then I think your best bet is to do so during a build process, by creating a front-end project as is commonly done when using the later version of the AEM Maven Archetype. Here are some advantages:

1. This is the direction that the AEM community is going, so you're more likely to be in line with best practices
  2. The documentation around npm, webpack, node, etc. is much vaster than the documentation on AEM compilers
  3. You will decouple your pre-processing from AEM, meaning that your website CSS can't be broken by a future AEM release
  4. You have complete control over every aspect of your build for LESS, JS, resources, etc.