Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

How does the settings updated under "dispatcher" folder of an AEM Maven project is deployed to the Web Server ?

Level 2

Hello, I would like to understand how does any dispatcher settings updated on files under "dispatcher" folder in a Maven archetype generated Folder structure, can get updated on the real Web Server's Dispatcher module ? Since the maven command deploys our project code in the AEM Server, how are they updated back in the Dispatcher module that is sitting on another Web Server across the Network ?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

It's important to note that the Dispatcher module in the archetype produces a .zip file. You can check this out here: Dispatcher Module .zip File. My understanding is that this .zip file is then processed by the deployment service—such as Cloud Manager if you are using AEMaaCS—through what can be described as a "black box" process. Essentially, this involves copying the .zip file, unzipping it, placing the files in their appropriate locations, and then restarting the Apache server.

Directly modifying the files on the web server is not recommended because the deployment process described above will overwrite these changes during the next deployment. This deployment method is designed to ensure it remains decoupled from the web server architecture, making it robust and reliable.

Hope this helps

Esteban Bustamante

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Administrator

@EstebanBustamante @@Jörg_Ho @BrianKasingli @EstebanBustamante Would it be possible for you to take a look at this question and share your thoughts? Your input would be very helpful.

Kautuk Sahni

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

It's important to note that the Dispatcher module in the archetype produces a .zip file. You can check this out here: Dispatcher Module .zip File. My understanding is that this .zip file is then processed by the deployment service—such as Cloud Manager if you are using AEMaaCS—through what can be described as a "black box" process. Essentially, this involves copying the .zip file, unzipping it, placing the files in their appropriate locations, and then restarting the Apache server.

Directly modifying the files on the web server is not recommended because the deployment process described above will overwrite these changes during the next deployment. This deployment method is designed to ensure it remains decoupled from the web server architecture, making it robust and reliable.

Hope this helps

Esteban Bustamante