Expand my Community achievements bar.

how can we authenticate to AEM 6.5 without user interface

Level 4

i have a situation where i need to authenticate to AEM using oauth 2.0 without user interface 

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @sriram_1 ,

If I understand your question correctly, You want to give access to external services/sites without visiting the authentication page and adding credentials right?.

You can use Adobe Granite OAuth 2.0 Server functionalities to grant resource access to external clients in AEM.

https://medium.com/tech-learnings/how-to-manage-the-protected-aem-resources-through-oauth-2-0-851ce4...

Level 4

Hi Mayur

Thanks for the immediate response,

I have gone through the above link where the user needs to manually authorize(shared in below pic(this step i need to avoid)).

we need to have server to server authentication where user interface is not needed

Thank you

aem a.png

Community Advisor

One time authorisation is required while accessing any protected resource. Can you tell me which type of resource you want to make available for external requests?. But if you want to perform some administration operations you can create a service user.

Level 4

iam working for a connector where we need to crawl data from aem. this entire process needs to be done without user interface 

Employee Advisor

@sriram_1 How would you obtain and pass the auth token from the client-side without any interface?

Level 4

JWT Bearer Token— Server to Server integration

Let us now see how to use the JWT Bearer token to enable the server to server integration without the resource owner’s intervention.

OAuth 2.0 Server Functionalities in AEM — Deep Dive | How to Manage the Protected AEM Resources thro...