Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

How can I add localized descriptions to tags in the Tagging Edit page in AEM

Level 2

Hello

Can I add localized descriptions to tags? If not, what are the alternative solutions?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

No its not present out of the box @margaritageg 
An alternative is that for each tag we can create a child tag that will store the Tag's Description.
This way you can leverage the OOTB localization for tags.

Another more tedious way is to extend the tag metadata. This will require some development.

Extend the /apps/cq/tagging/widgets/source/widgets/admin/TagAdmin.js component to add a new field for descriptions.
Modify the tag storage structure in the JCR to include localized descriptions.
Update the tagging dialogs and components to use this new metadata.

Let me know if this helps

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

No its not present out of the box @margaritageg 
An alternative is that for each tag we can create a child tag that will store the Tag's Description.
This way you can leverage the OOTB localization for tags.

Another more tedious way is to extend the tag metadata. This will require some development.

Extend the /apps/cq/tagging/widgets/source/widgets/admin/TagAdmin.js component to add a new field for descriptions.
Modify the tag storage structure in the JCR to include localized descriptions.
Update the tagging dialogs and components to use this new metadata.

Let me know if this helps

Community Advisor

From tagging gui you can’t create a localized string for description. However you can try leveraging i18N for this. I have used it for component and Tag title but not for description. 
follow this for reference.

https://www.nextrow.com/blog/adobe-experience-manager/usecase-il8n-converting-components-based-userp...

Level 2

Thank you for your response. Although this solution is good, the previous one is more suitable for my case