Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Where can I download OSGi bundle from

Level 3

I would like to down load the OSGi bundle that comes with AEM? Is there a repository like MAVEN or some place to download from? If so what is the right packgae name to look for?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

To close it you need to select any "Correct answer". I am sorry that we didn't help to solve your problem, but at least this topic has important information.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 4

Hi @RamaniBa , 

What is the purpose of downloading a whole bundle?

If you want to debug java classes locally, you can follow the following procedure to find bundle:

1. Open /system/console/bundle and find bundle that you want to download. Remember bundle id (first column).
  2. Go to <aem-installation-folder>/crx-quickstart/launchpad/felix/bundle<bundleId>
  3. Under this folder you can find desired jar file

If you you Intelijj IDEA, you can import this jar as library to debug it.

1. Go to Project Structure ...
  2. Go to Libraries
  3. Click + and find your jar
  4. Click Apply and OK.

Level 3

The purpose of downloading OSGi bundle is to use it for digital signing of document using KMS service. I do not have access to AEM. Till such time I get the access I am trying to use the OSGi bundle if available as download othern than AEM site ?

Level 4

If you don't find dependency in Maven repo, then most likely it's a internal AEM logic that should not be exposed and be used outside of AEM. 

Are you going to build any logic inside of AEM like workflow, servlet, OSGi component?

Level 3

Where in MAVEN repository can I find the OSGi bundle. I went to MAVEN repository and there are so many OSGi and I could not find the correct OSGi bundle. I will Create a Sling servlet to expose functionality to interact with the KMS service and Develop the Sling Servlet and expose it to KMS functionality. Register the servlet with OSGi

Level 4

So, @EstebanBustamante is right. If a bundle is not publicly available in Maven repo and doesn't provide open API, it cannot be used in a legal way.

In this case you need to implement this logic from the scratch in the AEM and put it to your own bundle.

Community Advisor

Hi @RamaniBa ,

I’d like to point out that AEM bundles are proprietary to Adobe, and you should avoid using them in ways not intended. Although there are online methods for inspecting code for debugging, I recommend being cautious with these practices. To address your question, if a bundle is not publicly available, it cannot be obtained from any other source.

Hope this helps

Esteban Bustamante

Level 3

The replies did not solve my problem but told mentioned properiatory sources. You can close this 

Correct answer by
Level 4

To close it you need to select any "Correct answer". I am sorry that we didn't help to solve your problem, but at least this topic has important information.

Administrator

@RamaniBa Did you find the suggestions helpful? Please let us know if you require more information. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you've discovered a solution yourself, we would appreciate it if you could share it with the community. Thank you!

Kautuk Sahni