Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How can I add Custom Multifield in scaffolding form AEM6.1

Level 1

I am trying to add custom multifield in the scaffolding form but i am getting error in EXTJS.

When i tried to find dialog by getParentByType("dialog") or getParentByType("tabpanel ) i get null and code breaks.

If any one has any example for this it will be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

EXTJS apis are meant only for dialogs (and on author) and not for a public facing GUI. You cannot use these APIs outside of a dialog. As Praveen stated - we have a lot of community articles showing how to use within a component dialog.  

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Level 10

Are you trying to add the multifield to the scaffold form? 

Level 10

A multifield xtype is generally used in component dialogs. I have not seen them used in scaffold forms. I will look to see if you can use this x type in a scaffold form. 

Level 1

Thanks for the reply.

Please let me know if you find any example or solution for this.

Level 10

Can you share the purpose of using getParentByType("dialog") or getParentByType("tabpanel") , i have worked on many multifield but i guess you are using this in listeners...right?

Level 1

I am not using it in listeners. I am trying to add mutifield custom into the scaffold form. In the dialog editor it works fine but on the scaffold form multifield is not working.

Level 10

I guess these details wont be enough, can you share the dialog.xml and Ext JS here?

Correct answer by
Level 10

EXTJS apis are meant only for dialogs (and on author) and not for a public facing GUI. You cannot use these APIs outside of a dialog. As Praveen stated - we have a lot of community articles showing how to use within a component dialog.  

Level 1

Basically you want to say that multifield containers are not supported in scaffold form.

Level 4

Custom Multifield/Multifield you can add on scaffolding form, that is working for us.

Can you give more details on your use case please.

Level 2

Hi Scott,

We are going to upgrade from AEM5.6.1 to AEM6.1

We have used scaffolding a lot in 5.6.1 and i was wondering how will it work in AEM6.1

The documentation doesn't say anything about touch UI scaffold. Is there anything like this or we simply have to switch to ClassicUI to create and edit pages using scaffolds?

Thanks.