Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How an external java application could be loaded to AEM 5.6.1

Level 2

I have a requirement where a java application(which has its own set of webpages)needs to be integrated with AEM 5.6.1.

Please advice.

Regards,
MJ

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

OK - i see - you want to reference another web page from an AEM component. 

You can try using IFrame to pull in content of a Java web app running on another server. Something like: 

<html>

<body>

<iframe width="1000" height="800" frameborder="0" src="<URL TO THE WEB PAGE>"></iframe>

</body>
</html>

I am not aware of any articles on this use case - try that and see how it looks. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Are you referring to an external WAR file that has web pages under WEB-INF\pages? 

Level 2

Hi Scot,

Context : Need to revamp an application in AEM 5.6.1. Within this application, we have to integrate a stand alone java application. So is it good to call the homepage of standalone app within AEM via Iframes? Am considering a different appraoch of using the RESTFUL API of the standlaone application  as well. Which is the best option? to use Iframes for integration or create webpages from JSON response? or is there a better option

Regards,

MJ

Correct answer by
Level 10

OK - i see - you want to reference another web page from an AEM component. 

You can try using IFrame to pull in content of a Java web app running on another server. Something like: 

<html>

<body>

<iframe width="1000" height="800" frameborder="0" src="<URL TO THE WEB PAGE>"></iframe>

</body>
</html>

I am not aware of any articles on this use case - try that and see how it looks.