Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

hide insight view in asset console for a particular user

Level 3

Hi AlI have requirement to hide insight view in aem asset console. i have tried  so we  cant set rep:policy node on the designated node or i need to write custom code. is there ny other ootb way to achieve it?

any help!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi @ajinkayk6258253,

@raghavc gave you the right answer so you can approve it, but I thought I would a bit more information for context.

Here is the ACE (Access Control Entry) that you need to apply:

Screenshot from 2020-05-29 17-00-38.png

If you are unfamiliar with ACEs, you can find the user interface by going to Tools > Security > Permissions.

And here is the before and after:

BEFORE

Screenshot from 2020-05-29 17-01-12.png

AFTER  

Screenshot from 2020-05-29 16-59-29.png

One more thing: your question is about hiding the insights tab from a particular user but in general its is strongly recommended to use a user to identify a particular person or service, but a group to attach ACEs. You would then add users to groups based on which rights they need and what their role is within AEM. This is much cleaner, much more semantic and makes your configurations re-usable in the future 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 5

You can remove read access to the below path, this should hide the insights tab for the user.

/libs/dam/content/schemaeditors/forms/insights/items

As the path is marked internal, adding a new rendercondition might not be an option.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi @ajinkayk6258253,

@raghavc gave you the right answer so you can approve it, but I thought I would a bit more information for context.

Here is the ACE (Access Control Entry) that you need to apply:

Screenshot from 2020-05-29 17-00-38.png

If you are unfamiliar with ACEs, you can find the user interface by going to Tools > Security > Permissions.

And here is the before and after:

BEFORE

Screenshot from 2020-05-29 17-01-12.png

AFTER  

Screenshot from 2020-05-29 16-59-29.png

One more thing: your question is about hiding the insights tab from a particular user but in general its is strongly recommended to use a user to identify a particular person or service, but a group to attach ACEs. You would then add users to groups based on which rights they need and what their role is within AEM. This is much cleaner, much more semantic and makes your configurations re-usable in the future 

Community Advisor
You can use CSS to hide the tab or javascript to delete the tab from DOM.

Arun Patidar

Community Advisor

You should not change anything inside /libs/

So /libs/dam/content/schemaeditors/forms/insights/items is not an option.

You should override in apps and handle through rendercondition with group renderer https://github.com/arunpatidar02/aem63app-repo/blob/master/jsp/grouprenderecondition.jsp

Arun Patidar

Level 5
As the node is marked as internal, it is not a good practice to overlay or override from a sustainable upgrade point . Updating ACL is still allowed on these path(/libs) and can be done using ACL tool for better management of user group.