Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Help with DAM audit Log Purge rule

Level 4

I have a dam in AEM 6.3 that has a large audit log stored under /var/audit/com.day.cq.dam and I want to reduce its size with a weekly purge. The dam audit log is so large that the Timeline feature in Touch UI doesn't work so it needs to be purged. I can see an osgi config named "DAM audit Log Purge rule" under /system/console/configMgr but I don't see how to get that rule running in the weekly maintenance tasks at /libs/granite/operations/content/maintenanceWindow.html/libs/settings/granite/operations/maintenance/granite_weekly . What is the best way to call the DAM audit Log Purge rule once a week?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

See if this AEM Doc topic helps -- Audit Log Maintenance in AEM 6

It talks about how to perform Audit Log Purging.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

See if this AEM Doc topic helps -- Audit Log Maintenance in AEM 6

It talks about how to perform Audit Log Purging.

Level 4

Thanks! I configured a DAM audit Log Purge rule and observed in the error.log that it did run when I ran the weekly "AuditLog Maintenance Task". The AEM doc doesn't mention the dam purge rule and the Granite maintenance page doesn't link to the dam purge rule, but it does run after you configure it in the osgi console.