Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

Header Experience Fragment of Site is not working on another Site

Level 1

Hi All,

I am trying to use the Header XF from one site (which both are in same domain and are in my content hierarchy). When in my new site pages I point the Header XF to the XF which is used in another site then it doesn't picks up it's corresponding CSS although my JS gets loaded. 
Even in network tab i can see that my CSS is listed. It''s just that it doesn't get picked up.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi @nik24 

Based on my initial assessment, the problem appears to be related to DOM loading. I recommend the following steps to diagnose and potentially resolve the issue:

1. Directly request the publisher for content. This approach will help determine if caching is contributing to the issue.
2. If the problem continues, there could be a blockage in HTML rendering. Please verify the presence of the DOM structure for the XF. Additionally, inspect if any CSS overrides are affecting the display, as I have encountered a similar situation previously.

Regards,

Divanshu

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi, 

Can you validate the you are not facing a cache issue? Other than that, please compare the css it is being loaded in your page with the issue against the page which is working, just to make sure the styles are there.

Esteban Bustamante

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi @nik24 

Based on my initial assessment, the problem appears to be related to DOM loading. I recommend the following steps to diagnose and potentially resolve the issue:

1. Directly request the publisher for content. This approach will help determine if caching is contributing to the issue.
2. If the problem continues, there could be a blockage in HTML rendering. Please verify the presence of the DOM structure for the XF. Additionally, inspect if any CSS overrides are affecting the display, as I have encountered a similar situation previously.

Regards,

Divanshu

Community Advisor

Hello @nik24,

How are you including the css on the old v/s new pages?

Is it the template where the css is linked to or is it the template code or is it that the header component carries its css with the header component?

Debugging:

Can you remove/disable all other css on the new pages except the header css and then enable the ones commented one-by-one?

regards,

Preetpal

Administrator

@nik24 Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni