Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events

GraphQL error: 403: Forbidden

Level 1

Hi all,

I am exploring the Dev environment of AJO and I tried to create my first data schema with a sample data (I did not upload any dataset yet).

However, the error message of GraphQL error: 403: Forbidden keeps showing on AJO screen. However, I could be able to click the button such as Finish or Save as a trigger to finish the task. I've attached a screenshot for your information.

Can anyone advise me to fix this pop-up error message?

(I know this is a really basic question, but I just started to explore this application.)

Thanks !

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @MikyungJin ,

The 403 header is returned when GraphQL requests are not authenticated. The request will still resolve and return any results for public data, but the 403 indicates to the client that the request is not authenticated.

Thanks
Tarun

Level 9

Hi @MikyungJin ,

The "GraphQL error: 403: Forbidden" error message typically indicates that the user does not have the necessary permissions to perform the requested operation. In this case, it seems like you are trying to create a data schema, but you do not have the necessary permissions to do so.

To fix this issue, you may need to check your user permissions and ensure that you have the necessary permissions to create a data schema. Here are some steps you can follow:

1. Check your user permissions: Go to the AJO console and check your user permissions. You can do this by clicking on the "Users" tab and selecting your user account. Make sure that your user account has the necessary permissions to create a data schema.

2. Check the project permissions: If you are working on a project, make sure that your project permissions allow you to create a data schema. You can check the project permissions by going to the "Projects" tab and selecting your project.

3. Check the data schema permissions: Make sure that the data schema permissions allow you to create a data schema. You can check the data schema permissions by going to the "Data" tab and selecting the data schema.

4. Contact the administrator: If you are still unable to create a data schema, you may need to contact the AJO administrator and request the necessary permissions.

It's also worth noting that the "GraphQL error: 403: Forbidden" error message may be a generic error message that can occur for various reasons. If the above steps do not resolve the issue, you may need to check the AJO logs for more information on the specific error that is causing the issue.

I hope this helps!

Level 8

@MikyungJin 

On a high level, it looks like permission issue. Ensure you have the appropriate permissions assigned to your user account within Adobe Admin Console. You should have at least the "Data Modeler" role for the Adobe Experience Platform product profile.

But I think, this question will be better answered if you post in AJO community

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-journey-optimizer/ct-p/journey-optimizer

Administrator

@MikyungJin Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if you require more information. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni