Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Google Map API not loading properly in my Page

Level 5

Hello, 

I am trying to create a store locator component. So I'm trying to add a google map API to my page. When I add the map it says the below error. Is it because of the free API key I'm using ? Is there any solution for this other than getting a billing api key ??Screenshot (16).png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Tessa_learner1 

You will get this error, if your billing is not set up properly or if you are using a free acount which has only 1 free request per day. 

You can open the developer console and check what error you are getting. It should look something like below if it's billing issue.

Asutosh_Jena__0-1642825471160.png

Unfortunately, there is no way we can fix it without having a valid API KEY. You need to use a valid API KEY.

Thanks!

Level 5

Thanks for your help @Asutosh_Jena_  Yes, I have checked the console it's the billing error. As of now I'm using free google api key I'm just practicing adobe with google map so only I tried with free api key.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Tessa_learner1 

Try with the below key and see if it helps you:

https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?key=AIzaSyDEN4uwWDX3NFU4qY-qAmePtjQs5BcVaEA

Thanks!

Level 5

@Asutosh_Jena_  Thank you so much for your help. Yes, it worked for me. And I'm trying to add autocomplete function of google API, Can I do that using the above key? Is places API enabled for it ?

Level 5

@Asutosh_Jena_  Thanks a lot : ) I tried with places library & autocomplete function. It works fine. You've been very helpful. Thanks again!