Expand my Community achievements bar.

Getting the error :com.day.cq.replication.ReplicationException: Unable to create version while activating the page.

Level 3

27.01.2016 22:31:51.759 *ERROR* [10.252.76.141 [1453962711712] POST /bin/replicate.json HTTP/1.1] com.day.cq.replication.impl.servlets.CommandServlet Error during replication: Unable to create version for /content/hr/benefits/general/local-language-script com.day.cq.replication.ReplicationException: Unable to create version for /content/hr/benefits/general/local-language-script
    at com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.VersionManagerImpl.preprocess(VersionManagerImpl.java:294)
    at com.day.cq.replication.impl.ReplicatorImpl.replicate(ReplicatorImpl.java:350)
    at com.day.cq.replication.impl.servlets.CommandServlet.doPost(CommandServlet.java:116)
    at org.apache.sling.api.servlets.SlingAllMethodsServlet.mayService(SlingAllMethodsServlet.java:148)
    at org.apache.sling.api.servlets.SlingSafeMethodsServlet.service(SlingSafeMethodsServlet.java:344)

Caused by: com.day.cq.wcm.api.WCMException: Unable to create version.
    at com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.PageManagerImpl.createRevision(PageManagerImpl.java:1177)
    at com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.PageManagerImpl.createRevision(PageManagerImpl.java:1059)
    at com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.VersionManagerImpl.preprocess(VersionManagerImpl.java:291)
    ... 83 more
Caused by: javax.jcr.RepositoryException: org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.ItemStateException: Unable to resolve path for item: 44bde45c-6c71-4d8a-8905-466e62409e21/{http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0}successors
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.version.InternalVersionManagerBase.checkin(InternalVersionManagerBase.java:621)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.version.InternalVersionManagerImpl$4.run(InternalVersionManagerImpl.java:416)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.version.InternalVersionManagerImpl$DynamicESCFactory.doSourced(InternalVersionManagerImpl.java:724)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.version.InternalVersionManagerImpl.checkin(InternalVersionManagerImpl.java:412)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.version.InternalXAVersionManager.checkin(InternalXAVersionManager.java:238)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.version.VersionManagerImplBase.checkoutCheckin(VersionManagerImplBase.java:188)

Please suggest how to resolve this issuse.

Thanks in advance

7 Replies

Level 9

Looking into error, I feel, following scenarios are possible:

• There might be a case when you have exceeded a maximum limit of versions one page can have. By default, limit is 30.
  • Page could be locked. 
  • Page node is not in a consistent state. You could run a consistency check.

Let me know if your problem does not align with any of these points.

Jitendra

Level 10

Make sure user is having rights to replicate pages

Level 9

edubey wrote...

Make sure user is having rights to replicate pages

Just confirming : Do we get an exception in the log when the user does not have permission to replicate pages?.

Jitendra

Former Community Member

I'm getting a similar error currently on a production 5.6.1 authoring instance.  ramyan60274153, were you able to determine what the issue was and were you able to resolve it?

Level 10

Davin Mien wrote...

I'm getting a similar error currently on a production 5.6.1 authoring instance.  ramyan60274153, were you able to determine what the issue was and were you able to resolve it?

Do you have permissons to replicate pages?

Former Community Member

edubey wrote...

Davin Mien wrote...

Do you have permissons to replicate pages?

Hi edubey, yes, I have verified that I have permissions.

Level 6

We recently faced this problem in few days back. This is because of the versioning functionality is broken in AEM Environment. 

Follow this link the problem will get resolved.. but after this we lost all the versions of the page.  

Link:- https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kb/RecoveryFromBrokenVersionVistory.html

refer this ticket as well : http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experience-manage...