Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Getting Started with AEM Sites Chapter 2 - Creating a Base Page and Template: Problem With Breadcrumb Component

Level 2

Hey All,

I just got to the end of Getting Started with AEM Sites Chapter 2 - Creating a Base Page and Template​ and everything seems to be working okay other than the breadcrumb component mounted in the video at the end of the tutorial. I'll share some details below:​

• The tutorial uses core.wcm.components - 2.2.0 and mine uses 2.3.2 (I don't think this is the issue but it may be)
  • An image of whats happening to the breadcrumb component:

1743706_pastedImage_15.png

It should have a link to home and it shouldn't have a carrot symbol. Does anyone know whats happening here or can help with this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hey johna91​ I wouldn't worry about the `>` symbol. I think thats just an artifact from the new version of core components. In chapter 3 styles are added to format it.

Also just a heads up we are going to publish a 6.5 version (w/ 2.3.2 version of Core Components) shortly so be on the look out for that...

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 2

Hi johna91

Set the Navigation start level to '1' in the Breadcrumb component dialog box to get the link to home.

Level 2

Hey Girishb,

I have tried this but I get a similar error:

1744103_pastedImage_0.png

The carrot symbols are not located in the breadcrumb in the video at the end of the tutorial, also the second level should produce a link to home. I do have two pages on that level and I'll place them below:

1744104_pastedImage_1.png

Employee Advisor

Hi you should have the "First Article" as a child of the Home page, in your screenshot you have it as a sibling. It should created beneath the Home page:

2018-04-06_at_6_22am.png

Level 2

Thank you dgordon86​ that rendered the home-link but I still get the > symbols in between the links, do you know whats happening here?

Level 10

Install the package on a second AEM DEV instance and see if you get that result. It could be something in your AEM environment.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hey johna91​ I wouldn't worry about the `>` symbol. I think thats just an artifact from the new version of core components. In chapter 3 styles are added to format it.

Also just a heads up we are going to publish a 6.5 version (w/ 2.3.2 version of Core Components) shortly so be on the look out for that...

Level 2

Sounds good dgordon86​, thanks for all the help. I'll be looking out for it.