Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

getting "NullPointerException at com.day.cq.wcm.workflow.impl.WcmWorkflowServiceImpl.autoSubmitPageAfterModification" every time I edit a component on a page

Level 2

I get this error every time I edit a component from its dialog. I often need to refresh the page to correctly see the content tree and the page layout.

Any advice? Thanks.

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

It seems that there is a workflow launcher configured for pages, which triggers a workflow.

Can you share the AEM version and the version number of the com.day.cq.workflow.cq-workflow-impl bundle?

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

It seems that there is a workflow launcher configured for pages, which triggers a workflow.

Can you share the AEM version and the version number of the com.day.cq.workflow.cq-workflow-impl bundle?

Level 2
AEM version: aem-sdk-quickstart-2021.2.4887.20210204T154817Z-210128

Level 2
Bundle 444 - Day Communique 5 Workflow Implementation 6.3.12 (state: Active) Symbolic Name: com.day.cq.workflow.cq-workflow-impl Version: 6.3.12 Bundle Location: launchpad:resources/install/20/cq-workflow-impl-6.3.12.jar Last Modification: Fri Feb 12 12:35:18 CET 2021 Bundle Documentation: http://www.adobe.com/ Vendor: Adobe Systems Incorporated Description: The Workflow Engine Implementation bundle Start Level: 20

Employee Advisor
Can you confirm, that you have the bundle "cq-wcm-workflow" in version 5.12.24?

Level 2
yes, Bundle 439 - Day Communique 5 WCM Workflow 5.12.24 (state: Active) Symbolic Name: com.day.cq.wcm.cq-wcm-workflow Version: 5.12.24 Bundle Location: launchpad:resources/install/20/cq-wcm-workflow-5.12.24.jar

Employee Advisor
First of all, that exception has nothing to do with your observed behavior of reloading the page, these are not related at all. There must be an OSGI page event with an non-existent path as payload, which is triggering this one.