Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

getting org.apache.sling.models.annotations,version=[1.5,2) -- Cannot be resolved while installing osgi bundle in aem 6.3

Level 3

Hi,

While following helpx article:

Developing your first Experience Manager 6.3 Components

after importing the package into aem 6.3 instance. Getting below error in the OSGI Bundle.

getting org.apache.sling.models.annotations,version=[1.5,2) -- Cannot be resolved

Attaching the screenshot as well.

1239511_pastedImage_2.png

Does aem needs some other version than what is available in pom.xml. Pom.xml has below dependency being used:

<dependency>

<groupId>biz.aQute.bnd</groupId>

<artifactId>annotation</artifactId>

<version>2.4.0</version>

<scope>provided</scope>

</dependency>

Thanks,

Neha

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Yes Jorg is absolutely correct. I have re-tested the article and AEM 6.3 comes with the version 1.4.0 in Sling models annotation. Below is the screenshot for the same.

SlingModel1.PNG

Hope this helps!

~Ratna.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Did you follow the article exactly - we tested this and never encountered this issue? Did you use Lazybones to setup project?

Level 10

This also bring up a great point - we will also add this artilce to our YouTube channel so community members can see all steps in action.

Employee Advisor

Hi,

AEM 6.3 comes with org.apache.sling.models.annotations in version 1.4.0. (exported by Bundle Sling Models API version 1.3.2). Your project obviously compiles against a newer version of the Sling Models bundle. Please check your dependencies.

Jörg

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Yes Jorg is absolutely correct. I have re-tested the article and AEM 6.3 comes with the version 1.4.0 in Sling models annotation. Below is the screenshot for the same.

SlingModel1.PNG

Hope this helps!

~Ratna.

Level 3

Thanks all for update.

Issue got resolved by updating dependency for:

<dependency>

<groupId>org.apache.sling</groupId>

<artifactId>org.apache.sling.models.api</artifactId>

<version>1.3.2</version>

</dependency>

in pom.xml. Earlier I had placed version 1.3.4 which was causing issue.