Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Getting maven build error while including oak:index in filter.xml

Level 2

I have created custom lucene index for my website and want to make this custom lucene index part of the maven build.

I have created  folder  _oak_index and placed below custom index and updated my filter.xml file

But while maven build I am getting below error.

[INFO] ....\mysite\ui.apps\src\main\content\META-INF\vault\filter.xml
[ERROR] 1 error(s) detected during dependency analysis.
[ERROR] Filter root's ancestor '/oak:index' is not covered by any of the specified dependencies.

rockstar234_0-1589383339545.png

rockstar234_1-1589383512710.png

filter.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<workspaceFilter version="1.0">
    <filter root="/apps/mysite"/>
	<filter root="/oak:index/mysiteLuceneIndex"/>
</workspaceFilter>

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Please do not include a custom index within /oak:index into your deployment package(s), because it will cause a reindex on every deployment. And this will hurt you on every deployment if your repo is exceeding a few gigabytes.

Rather use EnsureOakIndex [1] to control the deployment of new and modified index definitions.

[1] https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/features/ensure-oak-index/index.html

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Community Advisor

I just tried in my local repo-

with below plugin in pom.xml-

<plugin>
<groupId>org.apache.jackrabbit</groupId>
<artifactId>filevault-package-maven-plugin</artifactId>
<extensions>true</extensions>
<configuration>
<allowIndexDefinitions>true</allowIndexDefinitions>

</configuration>
</plugin>

Was able to build it..

Level 2
@Ankur_Khare In which POM did you used this plugin... I mean in main POM or ui.apps POM.

Community Advisor
But as mentioned by @Jorg it's not a good idea to have this in package & i would suggest to use the approach suggested by jorg.

Level 2

@Ankur_KhareI agree with @Jörg_Hoh but I have created this micro site in AEM 6.5 using archtype 22 for client its having only 10 pages. So i want everything to be packaged.

Level 2

@Ankur_KhareI am getting the same error even i am using below plugin in ui.apps pom file

<plugin>
<groupId>org.apache.jackrabbit</groupId>
<artifactId>filevault-package-maven-plugin</artifactId>
<extensions>true</extensions>
<configuration>
<allowIndexDefinitions>true</allowIndexDefinitions>

</configuration>
</plugin>

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Please do not include a custom index within /oak:index into your deployment package(s), because it will cause a reindex on every deployment. And this will hurt you on every deployment if your repo is exceeding a few gigabytes.

Rather use EnsureOakIndex [1] to control the deployment of new and modified index definitions.

[1] https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/features/ensure-oak-index/index.html

Level 2
@Jörg_Hoh Thanks for your input... As of now I want include this in my package..... and I am still getting the above error . could you please help on this. How I can resolve this?

Employee Advisor

Definitely we need to follow @Jörg_Hoh suggestion here and won't include a custom index within /oak:index into my deployment package.

I was facing same issue and able to fix this issue after adding below configuration in ui.apps/pom.xml -

<failOnDependencyErrors>false</failOnDependencyErrors>

DEBAL_DAS_0-1647102685041.png

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51324523/content-package-plugin-fails-on-teamcity

DEBAL_DAS_1-1647102737255.png

My build is successful. Please note that , I was doing some experiment with my demo application.