Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

getting java.io.IOException: org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.DataStoreException: .... while starting with AEM with java -jar but works fine when start AEM by double clicking on the jar

Community Advisor

Dear Members,

I am facing a strange kind of issue, When I start the newly created instance by double clicking the .jar file everything is working fine but when I try to start the same instance with java -jar aem-author-p4502.jar, Icons on start.html page were missing and so many .js error is browser console.

when I see the error.log I am getting below error:

07.11.2022 22:31:16.167 *WARN* [[0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1] [1667840476164] GET /etc.clientlibs/clientlibs/granite/coralui3/resources/coralui-component-icon/AdobeSpectrumIcons18.woff2 HTTP/1.1] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.blob.BlobStoreBlob Error occurred while obtaining InputStream for blobId [bca8680de280ee36085e227d9d3ad1fed8a5e7e411d77891d1385e853dc521d7#67560]
java.io.IOException: org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.DataStoreException: Record bca8680de280ee36085e227d9d3ad1fed8a5e7e411d77891d1385e853dc521d7 does not exist
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.blob.datastore.DataStoreBlobStore.getStream(DataStoreBlobStore.java:874) [org.apache.jackrabbit.oak-blob-plugins:1.22.9]
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.blob.datastore.DataStoreBlobStore.getInputStream(DataStoreBlobStore.java:448) [org.apache.jackrabbit.oak-blob-plugins:1.22.9]
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.blob.BlobStoreBlob.getNewStream(BlobStoreBlob.java:50) [org.apache.jackrabbit.oak-blob-plugins:1.22.9]
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.segment.SegmentBlob.getNewStream(SegmentBlob.java:263) [org.apache.jackrabbit.oak-segment-tar:1.22.9]
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.segment.SegmentBlob.getNewStream(SegmentBlob.java:84) [org.apache.jackrabbit.oak-segment-tar:1.22.9]
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.value.jcr.BinaryImpl.getStream(BinaryImpl.java:59) [org.apache.jackrabbit.oak-store-spi:1.22.9]
	at org.apache.sling.jcr.resource.internal.helper.jcr.JcrNodeResource.getInputStream(JcrNodeResource.java:214) [org.apache.sling.jcr.resource:3.0.18]
	at org.apache.sling.jcr.resource.internal.helper.jcr.JcrNodeResource.adaptTo(JcrNodeResource.java:133) [org.apache.sling.jcr.resource:3.0.18]
	at com.adobe.granite.ui.clientlibs.impl.ClientLibraryProxyServlet.doGet(ClientLibraryProxyServlet.java:268) [com.adobe.granite.ui.clientlibs:1.0.92.CQ650-B0006]

Note : This instance was first created by double clicking on the .jar file.

I am not able to understand what actually is causing the problem.

If any have any idea please share .

Thanks

Umesh Thakur

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The error is pretty clear

java.io.IOException: org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.DataStoreException: Record bca8680de280ee36085e227d9d3ad1fed8a5e7e411d77891d1385e853dc521d7 does not exist

but not sure what could be the reason of data segment missing or not able to read when you double click on jar

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Community Advisor

Is this AEMaaCS SDK or other version?

Can you try staring AEM by running CMD i.e. /crx-quickstart/bin/start ?

Which java version are you using? can you compare the java version(you can see in terminal or in logs) also which AEM is taking considering when you start AEM?

Arun Patidar

Community Advisor

thanks for the reply,  @arunpatidar it is not a CS SDK, a normal .jar which we used for onprime instances.

I am using 6.5 with service pack 12 and java version is 11.

Every time when we double click on the .jar file it works fine.

Community Advisor

Can you try starting using ./start ?

Arun Patidar

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The error is pretty clear

but not sure what could be the reason of data segment missing or not able to read when you double click on jar

Arun Patidar

Level 2

I have the same issue with 6.5.14 on MacBook M1 Monterey 12.6.3 +  JDK 11 x arm64

The AEM instance could work properly for several days, then becomes currupted for no apparent reason.

Any help will be appreciated  

Community Advisor

did you try to install any package in between?

Level 2

well, I've also tried using Cloud SDK. It seemed to be working fine.

On the side note

- our project targets AEM 6.5.14, so it would be better to run the same version in the local environment

- I didn't have same issue when was using MacBook based on intel processor

Community Advisor

Which version is used ?

If cloud sdk double click will not work run the jar using Java -jar aem-author-p4502.jar

Community Advisor

Thanks for the reply @Mani_kumar_,

It is not a cloud sdk, I am using AEM 6.5 with service pack 12.

Level 2

Did we get any solution for this issue so far?

I'm facing similar issue with my local AEM 6.5 SP 17 running on Mac machine with Monterey 12.5 version (Apple M1 Pro chip). 

After upgrading the AEM 6.5 with SP 17 and post couple of restarts, AEM starts to behave weirdly.

1. Sometimes the icons doesn't appear post login to AEM i.e. on aem/start.html interface. 

2. AEM UI gets distorted

3. Errors in the log file with DataStore record not found or record doesn't exists exceptions.

4. Even after installing packages through local build, CRX package manager seem to show the latest packages installed but the same doesn't reflect in felix console and shows the old bundle as still active. 

These are a few different issues I've encountered with every new setup I did to see if there is a possible case of aem corruption in local but for some or the other reason, the AEM still not stable and causing blocker in the development. I've checked the permissions on the file system and haven't upgraded my mac for sometime. 

Level 1

Found any solutions? i am facing the same issue. My instance works for a little bit and then i start seeing the datastore exceptions and the icons missing.

Level 2

Install or run the AEM using command line only. Don't double click the JAR to install AEM.

Level 1

@anuraggoswami3 is there any reason behind starting or running the AEM with command line alone ?