Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.

Get file name from file url

Level 4

Hello,

I have a field on Content fragment to add files. What returns to me is the file path. But, I should display the file name. Should I create an API for this, or there is already an API, where I can send the path so I can get the file and its name? Thanks!

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @AD-Engineer ,

Are you refering to "Content Reference" datatype field ?

Community Advisor

May i know how you are using the content fragment ? Referring it in page using Content Fragment component ?

or exposing it as an API via graphql/HTTP assets api

Community Advisor

Hi @AD-Engineer - You can follow the same approach as in https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/get-page-description-from-...

The response of .json call with contain the page name in the field jcr:title, pageTitle based on context of usage.

Thanks,

Fani

Community Advisor

Hi,

I am not sure of this is feasible because the reference generally used to read/fetch further content, so having path there make sense. Probably from front end/consumer API side you can trim the path and just use it file name as needed.

Arun Patidar