Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Get Current User who invokes particular step in the workflow.

Level 1

I  tried to get current user using session and authorizable. But none of them giving the current user who invokes the particular step.

Is there any other way to get the current user details ?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi @JJ_JayantJain 

In your execute method try the following

workItem.getWorkflow().getInitiator()

-Kalyan

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @JJ_JayantJain 

You can use getInitiator() method of Workflow API to get the user ID of the user who started the workflow. 

Refer https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/6-3/sites/developing/using/reference-materials/javadoc/co... API to get to know more about this particular method.

String getInitiator()
Returns the initiator of the Workflow instance.
Returns:
The user who initiated the Workflow.

Hope it helps!

Thanks!

Nupur

Level 1

workItem.getWorkflow().getInitiator();
Gives the details of user who initiated the workflow, which is not my requirement.

I need to get the detail of the user, who currently logged in and running a particular step(process step or dynamic participant step).

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi @JJ_JayantJain 

In your execute method try the following

workItem.getWorkflow().getInitiator()

-Kalyan

Community Advisor

@JJ_JayantJain ,

I understand that you need the userId of the most recent participant in your workflow. This can be fetched as follows:

Step1: workflowSession.getHistory. This should return the history of workflow:

List<HistoryItem> histories = workflowSession.getHistory(workItem.getWorkflow());

Step2: The most recent action of the participant user should be the first item in the histories list at index 0, and this can be accessed as:

HistoryItem recentHistory = histories.get(0);

Step3: The recent user id can be fetched using the getUserId method of HistoryItem:

String recentUser = recentHistory.getUserId();

Please let me know if this works.

Level 1
final List<HistoryItem> histories = wfSession.getHistory(workItem.getWorkflow()); final HistoryItem firstItem = histories.get(0); String lastParticipant= firstItem.getUserId();

Level 1
List<HistoryItem> histories = wfSession.getHistory(workItem.getWorkflow()); HistoryItem firstItem = histories.get(0); String currentParticipant= firstItem.getUserId(); As per your response, tried the same code, but its not giving current user. It's giving last user.

Level 2

@JJ_JayantJainIn such case Have you seen where this current user (expected user) value is stored in the path eg: /var/workflow/instances/server0/2021-03-03/update_asset_12/history/ ?
I think the way you are traversing to get the latest user is not correct you need to go to the reverse i.e. of the total for (i = HistoryItem length ; i>0 ; i--)  , Try once