Expand my Community achievements bar.

Geometrixx Toolbar Changes - Noobe question

Level 1

I'm creating a whole new site using the  Geometrixx example as a starting point. I'm successful in customizing most of it. My current frustration is the bottom toolbar. For the life of me I can't figure out how to edit it. Invoking Design seems to have no effect. Sidekick doe not seem to be able to touch it. For example I just want to change the "Copyright" line. Any thoughts?

7 Replies

Level 7

Please take a look into the 

/apps/geometrixx/components/page/footer.jsp and foundation/components/toolbar

These two would answer your questions.

Thanks

Tuhin

Level 1

Thanks for the information on the location. However I'm still clueless on how it make any edits. It seem that the UI should be able to change this basic footer configuration. 

Level 7

Hello Mike,

The Geomatrix page is just a demo page to have some idea to get started. It might not be 100% suitable to your requirements all the time. We have to overlay the components and make the necessary changes required. Hope this answers your question. 

If yes please close this thread or let the community know if you have any more doubts.

Thanks

Tuhin

Level 1

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I understand its a demo page. In the documentation it notes that Toolbar is a Default Component can be edited with Design. Using Design against that Component is ineffectual and so is Sidekick. It does not work.

For example all I want to do is change "© 2016 GEOMETRIXX INC." to "© 2016 EXAMPLE INC." I don't see how this is possible. Is it a bug in authoring? 

Regardless its a poorly documented Component. https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/5-6/wcm/default_components.html

Level 10

Hi,

I would not be call it a bug, it just the matter of requirements.

As @Tuhin mentioned, this is a basic demo website for developer to see, learn and the then build something better.

There a clients who do not want to this to be editable but there are some who want to this to be editable.

BTW, the text you are referring (copyright text) always remains same unless you change company's name, which I am sure will not happen for long long time. Giving this as editable gives author to do anything in copyright section which as clients you do not want.

I hope that clarifies the things.

Thanks

Level 1

I finally found where the Copyright information is held. 

/apps/geometrixx/components/page/footer.jsp can be carefully edited with CRXDE to change the company name and the email notification wording. 

As a IT manager its been my experience that items such as Privacy Policy, Copyright and Terms and Conditions are frequently changed by legal. It would have been handy to be able to directly edit such content without doing open heart surgery on the site. 

Level 7
        In my first reply, I mentioned about this jsp file. Its good that you have solved this issue. Kindly close the ticket. Thanks Tuhin