Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Form submission functionality in AEM 6.5

Level 4

Hi Team,

I want to add form submission functionality to the below given component, I have used Form Container Text (core/wcm/components/form/text/v2/text) as First Name and Button (core/wcm/components/form/button/v2/button) as submit

Now, I want to add values in the fields and store these values to give it complete form submission functionality. Plz suggest how to do that in AEM.

Do I need to configure database for that?? If yes, plz suggest which one to use and how to setup.

Heena91_0-1621408803351.png

Thanks,

Heena

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

So on form submission what you want to do with that data is completely depends on your requirement, you hav multiple options-

1. You can store it in db

2. You can send the data to 3rd party

There are multiple options but it depends on your requirement..

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

So on form submission what you want to do with that data is completely depends on your requirement, you hav multiple options-

1. You can store it in db

2. You can send the data to 3rd party

There are multiple options but it depends on your requirement..

Level 4

Hi @Ankur_Khare

I Need to store data in database as of now. I followed the video for the same (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGVJLbgo8lU). However, I was not able to find the database integration option in my Forms section in AEM. Do I need any extra plugin/package for that??

Heena91_0-1621426913343.png

Thanks

Community Advisor
This is AEM forms and you need to install aem forms packages.

Level 4

Hi @Ankur_Khare

I want to add form submission functionality to the component, Form Container Text (core/wcm/components/form/text/v2/text) and Button (core/wcm/components/form/button/v2/button) as submit (I have not created any form)

Now, I want to add values in the fields and store these values to give it complete form submission functionality.

Is there any way, where I do not have to use the AEM Form package, and I can save the values of Text and Button component.

Thanks