Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Form action "create and update request" not working

Former Community Member

Hi friends,

I have few questions in CQ5.Please look at the listed below and suggest me the solutions.

1.Default "Create and Update request" action is not working in my newly created site,but in Geometrixx is working fine.I have implemented this action as they did in geometrixx.I dont know what is the problem am not getting the created user in users list.I think may be the problem is with access privileges or not??? .For "Store content" action its working good user informations are saved as node under usergenerated folder.Have one question over there,after the info got saved as node for each user, how can i retrieve that user information and displays it in webpage ?

2.For column control component, how i can get the layout list under layout dropdown.I have done it through CSS but no use..

Thanks in advance  

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

To work with users and user information in Adobe CQ -- you use the com.day.cq.security.UserManager API.

For example:

// Ensure that the currently logged on user has admin privileges.
    session = repos.loginAdministrative(null);

final UserManager um = umFactory.createUserManager(session);
    final TidyJSONWriter writer = new TidyJSONWriter(response.getWriter());

userIterator = um.getUsers();
    List<User> users = new ArrayList<User>();

For User API -- see: https://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/javadoc/com/day/cq/security/User.html.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

To work with users and user information in Adobe CQ -- you use the com.day.cq.security.UserManager API.

For example:

// Ensure that the currently logged on user has admin privileges.
    session = repos.loginAdministrative(null);

final UserManager um = umFactory.createUserManager(session);
    final TidyJSONWriter writer = new TidyJSONWriter(response.getWriter());

userIterator = um.getUsers();
    List<User> users = new ArrayList<User>();

For User API -- see: https://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/javadoc/com/day/cq/security/User.html.

Former Community Member

Thanks man..

But the existing "Create and Update account" is not working for me .For that there is no necessary to write any code like u mentioned above.