Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Force AEM Assetshare to download .mov instead of .qt

Level 1

Hi guys, I'm pretty new to AEM. I'm a .NET developer and doesn't have a significant experience in Java. Our company moved from using Sitecore to AEM and one of our requirements is to be able to download a .mov file from DAM Portal (Assetshare commons) and retain it's extension. What happens is the file gets renamed into a .qt file.

How can I accomplish this in AEM?

Thanks in advance. 

Edit: 

I saw this 

https://github.com/adobe/asset-share-commons/issues/670

Is there a way we can override the default mimetypes? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @noobwolf ,

This sounds like like a customized behavior for your AEM setup. Usually, when a file is uploaded to AEM, its original format is retained. In addition to the original format, additional file formats called "renditions" are created by AEM. 

For example: consider a JPG image file format 1000x1000 px. when uploading to AEM, AEM can be configured to generate 3 JPG files in all:

1. the original file with 1000x1000,

2. rendition with 500x500 px, and,

3. rendition of 50x50 px.

Downloading the original asset and/or one of the renditions is allowed too and to some extent can be configured.

That said, if you have an AEM administrator on your team, it will be a good idea to ask them if they are aware of formats configured while upload and any customizations for download.

Setting up logging level to debug/trace for the error.log, access log, etc. could be another step to look for insights into the upload and download activity.

Hope that helps!

thanks,

Preetpal Singh

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

I do have lots of .mov file in aem dam and it’s remain in .mov format only. Do you have problem in aem damasset or assetshare commons?

Level 1

I'm not sure if it has something to do with the version of Assetshare commons.  We're still using 2.2.0.

When I click download for a mov asset, the asset gets added to cart and compressed in a zip file..  When the zip file is opened, the file is changed to .qt.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @noobwolf ,

This sounds like like a customized behavior for your AEM setup. Usually, when a file is uploaded to AEM, its original format is retained. In addition to the original format, additional file formats called "renditions" are created by AEM. 

For example: consider a JPG image file format 1000x1000 px. when uploading to AEM, AEM can be configured to generate 3 JPG files in all:

1. the original file with 1000x1000,

2. rendition with 500x500 px, and,

3. rendition of 50x50 px.

Downloading the original asset and/or one of the renditions is allowed too and to some extent can be configured.

That said, if you have an AEM administrator on your team, it will be a good idea to ask them if they are aware of formats configured while upload and any customizations for download.

Setting up logging level to debug/trace for the error.log, access log, etc. could be another step to look for insights into the upload and download activity.

Hope that helps!

thanks,

Preetpal Singh