Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

folder structure for custom metadata(formitems) for flash files

Former Community Member

Hi,

I want to add an item to flash files metadata. Followed DAM documentation and created folder structure as 'apps/dam/content/asseteditors/video/swf/formitems'. But when I open the .swf asset file in DAM, the custom metadata is not getting accessed, it is accessing 'apps/dam/content/asseteditors/formitems' not even 'apps/dam/content/asseteditors/video/formitems'.

Any suggestions??

Thanks,

Venu

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

The mimetype of swf files is application/x-shockwave-flash, not video/swf.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

The mimetype of swf files is application/x-shockwave-flash, not video/swf.

Former Community Member

Thanks Justin,

Did not realise the folder structure is based on the mime type, this is not captured in DAM doc "http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/dam/dam_documentation.html".

Anyways, so my folder structure should be "apps/dam/content/asseteditors/application/x-shockwave-flash/formitems"? I have tried this folder structure and asset is still picking up the meta data properties from "apps/dam/content/asseteditors/application/formitems".

--Venu

Level 2

Hi Venu,

I am also facing the same issue for creating the custom metadata for video.

I have created the folder /apps/dam/content/asseteditors/video/formitems for custom metadata but it is picking the formitems from /apps/dam/content/asseteditors/formitems

Did you get any resolution for this issue.

Thanks

Kranthi