Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Folder structure alphabeticall order

Level 3

how can the folders structure be alphabetically arranged in US folder?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The answer will depend on, whether the US folder is nt:folder or a sling:folder

nt:folder -: This node type represents a plain file system folder (it can have nt:folder and nt:file children and only a few restricted meta data properties) // so quite restricted in terms of properties and nodes.

sling:folder -: This node type is basically nt:folder + nt:unstructured in one, i.e. it can be used inside other nt:folders. // should be used more often.

sling:orderedFolder -: The following node type is sling:folder + an ordering scheme bundled into one. The assets could be ordered in the List View by drag and dropping a handle at the right hand side of the list – as long as the parent folder was set to "Orderable" (i.e. had a "sling:OrderedFolder" type in JCR).

aanchalsikka_0-1698722440022.png

Aanchal Sikka

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The answer will depend on, whether the US folder is nt:folder or a sling:folder

nt:folder -: This node type represents a plain file system folder (it can have nt:folder and nt:file children and only a few restricted meta data properties) // so quite restricted in terms of properties and nodes.

sling:folder -: This node type is basically nt:folder + nt:unstructured in one, i.e. it can be used inside other nt:folders. // should be used more often.

sling:orderedFolder -: The following node type is sling:folder + an ordering scheme bundled into one. The assets could be ordered in the List View by drag and dropping a handle at the right hand side of the list – as long as the parent folder was set to "Orderable" (i.e. had a "sling:OrderedFolder" type in JCR).

aanchalsikka_0-1698722440022.png

Aanchal Sikka