Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Fetch jcr:created from cq:page

Level 6

Hi,

We need to fetch the jcr:created date for cq:Page (TestTouchRTE).

tushaars9735484_0-1580450674589.png

I am using 

<c:set var="createdDate" value="${pageProperties['jcr:created']}"/>

This is giving jcr:content created date i.e. of cq:PageContent

tushaars9735484_0-1580469557242.png

, instead I want the jcr:created date of cq:Page.

Thanks

@kautuk_sahni @arunpatidar 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Actually it should not make any difference, and I wonder how in your case the timestamps can be different at all.

But the Page API does not provide any way to read that (I see a "getLastModified()" method, but no "getCreated()" method, which is a bit inconsistent), therefor I would stick with the method you already have. As said, I cannot explain the inconsistency, but this property is not protected, and thus can be changed at will.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Actually it should not make any difference, and I wonder how in your case the timestamps can be different at all.

But the Page API does not provide any way to read that (I see a "getLastModified()" method, but no "getCreated()" method, which is a bit inconsistent), therefor I would stick with the method you already have. As said, I cannot explain the inconsistency, but this property is not protected, and thus can be changed at will.

Level 1

Hi,

jcr:created is different on publish. The one on cq:page is correct whereas the one cq:PageContent is the same as date modified. I also need this as I'm trying to work out when it was first published and then subsequently changed. Simple you would think.

Employee Advisor

On publish the properties do not necessary contain the values you would expect. And also the values of the various time-related properties (e.g. jcr:created, cq:lastModified, cq:lastReplicated) is not defined. That means that the jcr:created property on the cq:Page node will be different on publish compared to the author.

If you need want to capture the time the page was created on author and have the same value available on publish, I would recommend to use a custom property which has exact this semantic.