Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Failed to download packages of size more than 1GB from package manager

Level 5

Hi All,

I have been trying to download the package of size more than 1GB from package manager, But it is not completing, the progress bar goes till 80% then suddenly come back to 20% with more time to complete.

Is there any problem in downloading big content packages? I have already segregated the huge content packages to multiple packages but still size is 1GB. thought 1GB should not be a problem to download.

Please let me know is it known issue?

BTW I am trying it from chrome.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

There is no better way to do it on AEM as CS as of now. You can move only through package manager.

If you are migrating from another system/place to dev or to stage or prod, there are different ways to do it.

But what I understand, your ask is from dev to stage or stage to prod within same AEM as CS program. In that case no other option as of now.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi @aem-enthu27 ,

For AEM as CS, there are multiple things that comes into picture when using the package manager. 

The content transfer from package manager limit is more about # of nodes, hierarchy, and other things. The size is also one of the factors. 1gb is the cap and cannot be increased as of now. But it is not always about the size. You can start with certain packages with assets/size and test.

Level 5

Thanks for the reply @Anish-Sinha 

What is the best way to download and deploy the assets from one environment to another ?

Thanks

Ganesh

+91-9380201140

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

There is no better way to do it on AEM as CS as of now. You can move only through package manager.

If you are migrating from another system/place to dev or to stage or prod, there are different ways to do it.

But what I understand, your ask is from dev to stage or stage to prod within same AEM as CS program. In that case no other option as of now.

Community Advisor

Hi @aem-enthu27 

I am not sure whether i am missing it.I am unable to find the statement "AEMaaCS" as per the solution provided for this problem.Could you please clarify is it for AEMaaCS.

Regards,

Rajashankar.R

Level 5

I want to move content of prod to stage and rest of the lower environments

Employee Advisor

hi @aem-enthu27 ,

Have you tried splitting the package into multiple packages and tried? Since you are trying to download a package nearly the same size of the threshold limit, it might be interrupting your activity.

I would suggest to create multiple packages by dividing the filters and try downloading it. Please note that package size should be strictly <1GB. 

Thanks

Level 5

Thanks for the reply @milind_bachani .

Where is it mentioned 1GB as the limit ?

I tried with 700MB package as well but it failed with "The Network connection was lost" but I have proper internet connection.

As you suggest I can try with multiple packages, but that would time consuming as I have more than 10GB of data .

what is the best way to dowload and deploy the assets from one environment to another?

Thanks

Ganesh

Community Advisor

Hi @aem-enthu27 

Could you please try downloading using curl command

Example:

curl -u <user>:<password> http://localhost:4502/etc/packages/my_packages/test.zip

Hope this helps.

Let me know whether it works for your 1gb file size.

Regards

Rajashankar.R

Level 1

hi all

i have same problem with my project When i try to download >1Gb file then i got 504/network failed 

but when is try to download the <1GB files of .zip then i get successful fir download and extract that file.

but for the >1GB file i get this problem 

someone saying that 1Gb is the limit of Package downloader/ manager 

someone telling to increase the network time out time I tried that but not working

if there is any solution then suggest me.