Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Facing null pointer exception while rolling out a page from master copy

Level 4

Hi,

We have created a test page in master site and tried rolling out. When we tried doing this, it gave out a null pointer exception.

Exception:

Cannot serve request to /mnt/overlay/wcm/msm/content/touch-ui/admin/rolloutdialog.html/content/my-site/language-master/en/sp16test in /libs/wcm/msm/components/touch-ui/livecopies/livecopies.jsp

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.jsp.libs.wcm.msm.components.touch_002dui.livecopies.livecopies_jsp._jspService(livecopies_jsp.java:291)
	at org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:764)

We have recently upgraded our Service Pack to 16. However in lower instances that runs on SP16, we do not face this exception. We get a list of all the live copies present where we can choose from.

Can someone replicate this issue and let us know if this is something related to the product or something wrong from our end?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@kirthim One thing i would suggest is,  try the same rollout steps in OOTB vanilla AEM instance with SP16 without any of your custom code and see if this is happening. If it happens, please file the support ticket with Adobe.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@kirthim One thing i would suggest is,  try the same rollout steps in OOTB vanilla AEM instance with SP16 without any of your custom code and see if this is happening. If it happens, please file the support ticket with Adobe.

Level 1

This happens for me as well. I tried on vanilla AEM instance with 6.5.16. The issue is present for new pages created under language master but is not present for existing pages. On vanilla instance I tried by creating new page under

/content/we-retail/language-masters/en/experience/

Anyone else having same issue?