Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Externalize the JCR for AEM publish instance

Level 1

Reference: AEM with MongoDB

Is it possible to configure the JCR with some external data source like MongoDB for AEM Publish instance ? Since AEM JCR repo lives in the same file system, it becomes impossible to containerize the framework. If we externalize the JCR, the framework can be containerized and the content repo can lie outside the container in a distributed cloud data source like MongoDB.

Can someone put some light ?

Thanks!!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

I wrote about the problems to containzerize AEM some months ago: AEM and docker – a question of state | Things on a content management system

And the situation hasn't changed since then. But it will for sure.

Jörg

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

I wrote about the problems to containzerize AEM some months ago: AEM and docker – a question of state | Things on a content management system

And the situation hasn't changed since then. But it will for sure.

Jörg

Level 1

Hi @Jörg Hoh, thanks for your valuable input. I was just wondering about the challenges about moving the content repository to a MongoDB like data store.

What kind of problems do you see to have an external MongoDB repo for publish instances with the framework hosted in Docker?

P.S. We have seen that it works fine with Author [AEM with MongoDB ]

Employee Advisor

Hi,

the question is what you expect from hosting in docker. If you host your publish instances on MongoDB, the update on a single publish will update all publish instances at once (irrespective if you host in docker or not). Which is typically not what you want and contradicts what you want to achieve with Docker.

On the other hand: Adobe does not recommend to use MongoDB on publish.

kind regards,

Jörg