Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

External Site User management in AEM

Level 2

We are  authenticating users of our site from salesforce for the first time by API call. After the successful login, we are storing the user details in AEM using user management concept. If the user login for second time we are fetching the details from AEM itself. Will  this way of Handling external users is right? Shall I store the site users as  AEM Users (Everyone/Anonymous)  along with Groups and ACLs concept in AEM. 

Please clarify on this..

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

In one of my projects, we were doing something similar. But how are you handling the scenario where user authentication details have changed in Salesforce? For e.g., password has been changed in Salesforce but since the details are now stored in AEM, the login would still be successful, which is incorrect.

This was the scenario we had missed in implementation and later we had to write a sync job which updates the authentication details whenever there was any change.

We had handled Salesforce integration differently in other project (not on AEM but different CMS), where all user details were stored in LDAP instead of CMS's user management. This one definitely worked better for us but then CMS wasn't AEM.

Thanks, Dipti

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 3

In one of my projects, we were doing something similar. But how are you handling the scenario where user authentication details have changed in Salesforce? For e.g., password has been changed in Salesforce but since the details are now stored in AEM, the login would still be successful, which is incorrect.

This was the scenario we had missed in implementation and later we had to write a sync job which updates the authentication details whenever there was any change.

We had handled Salesforce integration differently in other project (not on AEM but different CMS), where all user details were stored in LDAP instead of CMS's user management. This one definitely worked better for us but then CMS wasn't AEM.

Thanks, Dipti