Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Extending OOTB User Profile Community Component

Level 1

I need to add three custom fields like URL field in edit profile section in USER PROFILE component.I have written three classes.Following are the classes' details:

1) Interface BlogUserProfile.java extends SocialComponent

2) Class BlogUserProfileComponentFactory.java extends

extends AbstractSocialComponentFactory

implements SocialComponentFactory

where prioriry mentioned and getSupportedResourceType also mentioned to my extended component.

3) BlogUserProfileImpl

extends BaseSocialComponent

implements BlogUserProfile

But when i am hitting user profile component, BlogUserProfileComponentFactory.java is not getting called.

Can anyone have any idea on this.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

gurjeets   Yes, I have got it and while I have requested the information, there seems to be some gap in developer's understanding of overlay, extension. I would encourage you to share the documentation about it, with the team[0](IIRC, I shared it on some other thread too)

ratnas36565562​ - There seems to be some fundamental gaps in the implementation and the code sample shared. I am sharing the next step with support. Please follow them.

Also, let's close this thread, since daycare ticket has been raised.

[0] - Client-side Customization

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 1

I have followed the following steps:

1) created

Class BlogUserProfileComponentFactory.java extends

extends AbstractSocialComponentFactory

implements SocialComponentFactory

where prioriry mentioned(300) and getSupportedResourceType also mentioned to my extended component.

2) modified userprofile.js in the extended component.

3) in system/console/configMgr AEM Communities MemberUserProfileOperationService i have added custom fields in property fieldwhiteList.

But still the custom BlogUserProfileComponentFactory.java is not getting called from the extended component.

smacdonald200 you have any idea?

Employee

Hi Ratna,

It's a bit difficult to just read the description and comment on a problem.

I would recommend you to :

1. First look at a working extension sample [0] and compare your code against it.

2. If you still can't get it working, I would request you to open a day care request, asking for help and share your code there for us to have a look.

Hope that helps!

-Rahul

[0] - aem-communities-extensions/aem-communities-journal-extension at master · Adobe-Marketing-Cloud/aem-c...

Level 1

I have followed the above mentioned link.

Level 2

Daycare has been raised and code shared.

Correct answer by
Employee

gurjeets   Yes, I have got it and while I have requested the information, there seems to be some gap in developer's understanding of overlay, extension. I would encourage you to share the documentation about it, with the team[0](IIRC, I shared it on some other thread too)

ratnas36565562​ - There seems to be some fundamental gaps in the implementation and the code sample shared. I am sharing the next step with support. Please follow them.

Also, let's close this thread, since daycare ticket has been raised.

[0] - Client-side Customization