Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Export content from all AEM pages

Level 1

Hello, I'm looking for a way to review all content and pages on our AEM site, in order to identify/update pages with outdated content. I have a couple of questions:

1) Is there a way to export content from all AEM pages into a Word document and still retain the images, styling, etc? 

2) How can I sort the pages based on "date last updated"? That will help me prioritize which pages to review first.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

1.How can I sort the pages based on "date last updated"? That will help me prioritize which pages to review first.

In sites.html go to list view for sorting . 

Also to compare the page you can use ACS commons package /acs-commons/content/page-compare.html

webcoholic_0-1650522517127.png

Hope it helps.

Himanshu Jain

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear @cindychenjmh 

1. As per my understanding there is no such Out-of-the-box functionality available in AEM, you have to develop custom OSGI services or component, one way to achieve using Apache POI library.
Apache POI library helps you to deal with MS-Word documents
eg.

import java.io.File;
import java.io.FileOutputStream;
import org.apache.poi.xwpf.usermodel.XWPFDocument;

public class CreateDocument {
   public static void main(String[] args)throws Exception  {
      //Blank Document
      XWPFDocument document = new XWPFDocument(); 

//Write the Document in file system
      FileOutputStream out = new FileOutputStream( new File("createdocument.docx"));
      document.write(out);
      out.close();
      System.out.println("createdocument.docx written successully");
   }
}

for more information - Apache POI example

2. You may use in built Query tool or implement custom component to generate report with such pages. for more information take a look at - Query Builder API

Hope this helps you!

Regards,

Santosh

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

1.How can I sort the pages based on "date last updated"? That will help me prioritize which pages to review first.

In sites.html go to list view for sorting . 

Also to compare the page you can use ACS commons package /acs-commons/content/page-compare.html

webcoholic_0-1650522517127.png

Hope it helps.

Himanshu Jain