Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Exponential/Unexplained CRX Growth in Segment Store

Level 3

Afternoon AEM Team,

We have a real head scratcher here. Our UAT environment is growing in size at a phenomenal rate. It grew 13GB just today while sitting idle (although it did do a re-index after TAR compaction). It added 52 TAR files to the segment store in just one day!

We did a TAR compaction which only saved maybe 8% of disk space.

We have a total of over 1800 TAR files  and the segment store is 151GB.

When using the Disk Usage utility (/etc/reports/diskusage.html) AEM only reports its size as only 70GB.

I guess my question is, what next? it's out memory so barely responsive and we need a steer on things to try in order to understand what is happening.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You might want to enable write logging so see what's actually happening in your repo; see What is writing to my Oak repository? | Things on a content management system

Jörg

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You might want to enable write logging so see what's actually happening in your repo; see What is writing to my Oak repository? | Things on a content management system

Jörg

Level 8

Hello,

May be taking heap/thread dumps and going over that might provide some leads.