Expand my Community achievements bar.

Exploring the Sling Feature Model: Part 1 | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

Exploring the Sling Feature Model: Part 1 by Perficient Blog

Abstract

The goal of the Feature Model is to create a better way to provision Sling instances by creating a more descriptive, flexible grammar for building targeted instances instead of building a fat JAR file and adding bundles after the fact.

Converting a Provisioning Model Project to Feature Model
The first step was using the sling-feature-converter-maven-plugin to convert the legacy Provisioning Model configuration to the Feature Model. To do this, I created a temporary sub-module to execute the conversion process: https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-app-cms/blob/SLING-8913-multiple-instance-types/converter/pom.xml

Creating a Runnable JAR
While the goal of the Feature Model is to create a more flexible model and get away from running a fat JAR, but for local development and getting started quickly having a runnable JAR is just easier.

To create a runnable JAR as a part of the same build, I configured Maven to combine the Sling Feature Model Launcher and my Sling CMS Feature Archive at build time into a standalone JAR using the Maven Assembly Plugin.

Read Full Blog

Exploring the Sling Feature Model: Part 1

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies