Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Experience fragments not working in publish instance

Level 3

Hi All,

I am using experience fragments in my site to author header and footer. But i am able to view these experience fragment in publish instance only if i am logged in with author. If i give /conf access to anonymous user, only then i am able to view experience fragment in publish instance.

Is it necessary to provide /conf access to user in publish or is there any configuration that i'm missing while creating experience fragments?

Thanks,

Priya

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Yes, because conf folder contains template and policy for experience fragments and other context aware configuration

Its ok to give readonly permission to /conf/ but direct access should be blocked at dispatcher.

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Yes, because conf folder contains template and policy for experience fragments and other context aware configuration

Its ok to give readonly permission to /conf/ but direct access should be blocked at dispatcher.

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

Level 3

But since i don't have access to user-admin of publish instance, i am trying to replicate the ACL package(using ACL packager of acs-commons) of system user that i have created in author. But even after replicating, i am not able to view experience fragments.

How can we move the user with acl permissions to publish instance?

Community Advisor

Hi,

are you able see the permission on publishers from CRXDE ? you can add ACL from CRXDE as well

Screen Shot 2018-06-29 at 12.14.42 PM.png

check below link also for packaging permission though ACL Packager

ACL Packager

Arun Patidar

Level 3

In Dev environment, we don't have access to CRXDE of publish instance. So we want to move the permissions using package.

Level 1

Shouldn't the rep:policy node be directly below the templates folder, so on conf\<customer>\settings\wcm\templates?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<jcr:root xmlns:crx="http://www.day.com/crx/1.0" xmlns:jcr="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0" xmlns:rep="internal"

jcr:primaryType="rep:ACL">

<allow

jcr:primaryType="rep:GrantACE"

rep:principalName="everyone"

rep:privileges="{Name}[jcr:read]"/>

<allow1

rep:principalName="content-authors"

rep:privileges="{Name}[crx:replicate]"/>

<allow2

rep:principalName="template-authors"

rep:privileges="{Name}[jcr:versionManagement,crx:replicate,rep:write,jcr:lockManagement]"/>

<allow3

rep:principalName="version-manager-service"

rep:privileges="{Name}[jcr:versionManagement,rep:write]"/>

</jcr:root>

And is there a knowledge base article I haven't spotted regarding permissions for experience-fragments?