Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Experience Fragment on AEM SPA (React) language recognition does not work

Level 1

After configuring the pages and Experience Fragment tree, as per the documentation, I noticed that changing language does not start the language change. in the sense that if I am in the English language and I move into the Italian language the footer that is located in Experience Fragment, I always return to the English language.
I did several tests I tried on a project of WIKED sensa spa but native and li the localization of the Experience Fragment works perfectly, things that does not happen in a project with SPA

Schermata 2023-03-15 alle 12.47.27.pngSchermata 2023-03-15 alle 12.48.11.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

The way the localized variation path is created is:
1. find the current page language root path: /content/snam/language-master/it
2. replace /content with /content/experience-fragments: /content/experience-fragments/snam/language-master/it
3. append the relative fragment variation path: /site/footer/master/jcr:content: /content/experience-fragments/snam/language-master/it/site/header/master/jcr:content

The fragment content doesn't exist at this location, so it is falling back to the original reference.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

The way the localized variation path is created is:
1. find the current page language root path: /content/snam/language-master/it
2. replace /content with /content/experience-fragments: /content/experience-fragments/snam/language-master/it
3. append the relative fragment variation path: /site/footer/master/jcr:content: /content/experience-fragments/snam/language-master/it/site/header/master/jcr:content

The fragment content doesn't exist at this location, so it is falling back to the original reference.