Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Experience Fragment Export to Target - Asset Serving Location

Community Advisor

Hi All,

I am trying to export a experience fragment to Target from Adobe AEM and i am successful in that.

As per my understanding When i export an experience Fragment to target it creates a clone in target with experience fragment html ,JS and CSS whereas assets used in the experience fragment will stay/referred from Adobe AEM publisher. Thats what i understood from below adobe documentation. So if i change an asset used in experience fragment do i need to publish that to target or will it take automatically they new image from aem since it is reffered from AEM.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/administering/integration/experience-f...

Regards,

Rajashankar.R

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@RajaShankar You dont need to reexport as it is a direct link to AEM publisher, if you just update the same image with same filename and republish it.

Just fyi.. see if you want to use externalizer domain to refer images from a Dispatcher/CDN domain instead of publisher domain, as the same image tag gets attached to user browser and publisher domain may not be accessible for endusers.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@RajaShankar You dont need to reexport as it is a direct link to AEM publisher, if you just update the same image with same filename and republish it.

Just fyi.. see if you want to use externalizer domain to refer images from a Dispatcher/CDN domain instead of publisher domain, as the same image tag gets attached to user browser and publisher domain may not be accessible for endusers.