Expand my Community achievements bar.

Exclude CDN cache for SDI

Level 5

Hello Community - We are setting up the environment to enable SDI so that the content won't be cached for dynamic components. The only issue is, the CDN is caching the "nocache.html" files which ultimately caused the issues. If we verify using dispatcher URL, we see the expected changes. is there any way to exclude the CDN cache for SDI changes?

5 Replies

Community Advisor

It depends on type of the CDN you would use. There is definitely a way to use but you'll have to make few changes on top of SDI/SSI.

For example, you can use ESI in Akamai: https://www.akamai.com/us/en/multimedia/documents/technical-publication/akamai-esi-faq-technical-pub...

Thanks,

Singaiah

Level 5
@Singaiah_Chintalapudi - We are using Akamai (CDN). Not sure if we need to do any specific changes in Akamai to exclude the cache for the selector "nocache". Do we need to switch it to "ESI" if we have Akamai as a CDN?

Community Advisor
Per documentation, you'll have to switch to ESI. Have a call with them and they will guide for sure. I know people use ESI a lot.

Level 5
@ChitraMadan - Thanks for your response. I have already gone through this article. Actually we are not sure how to include ESI in Akamai and also disable the CDN cache for the specific selector.