Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

\/etc folder content auto invalidate and update/publish to web server

Level 2

The question is - when IT team updates either going in to JCR or through curl installation to publish an instance of AEM and this particular folder is also cached in web server through the dispatcher. what are the different automatic ways we can instruct AEM to auto delete or invalidate the cached content of this artifact from web server and server the new file/artifact?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

No, the "on modification" trigger is only triggered by incoming replication events, but not by changes in the repository. If you manage to acticate content in /etc, then the "on modification" triggered replication agent will get active as well.

Jörg

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

On a publish instance you typically have the trigger "on modifcation" set. That means that on any change in the repo the respective location in the dispatcher cache is invalidated.

Another process I see often is the mandatory purge of the complete dispatcher on deployment. This helps also in the case that after deployment a component creates different markup than before. In that case the content itself hasn't changed, but the resulting page has changed.

Level 2

hey Jorg, I think i was the same path and after your response, i dug furthermore.  It seems like "on modification" works fine as long its "content" but its not triggering "Dispatcher Flush" for package installation or zip file which would have changed to /etc folder..

any further thoughts. how I can make AEM to indicate similar to "content" it should be able to flush and re-fetch the /etc folder artifacts aswell.

appreciate your response.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

No, the "on modification" trigger is only triggered by incoming replication events, but not by changes in the repository. If you manage to acticate content in /etc, then the "on modification" triggered replication agent will get active as well.

Jörg