Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Errors when trying to use custom page template as editable template

Level 9

I want to setup editable template so that the author can remove components that's in the templates as required. The final template will have:

• left navigation
  • several links
  • 1 RTE

--------------------

We are currently using static templates which I believe is the norm for AEM 5.x and 6.0-6.1?

I am trying to use this template on a editable template and it seems to be working fine initially. The only change I had to do is to edit the parsys properties so that the components show up on both the template and a content page using the template.

The problem starts once I start adding components to the template. As mentioned above, I want to setup the template so the page has been pre-laid out for the authors. As a test, I placed a custom link component on the template.

When I reload the page that's using the template OR create a new page based on the template, I get these problems:

1. The component listing on the left side panel is now empty.
  2. There was a parsys (I call this a drap and drop spot) on the page and this is gone too.
  3. The CTA link I added on the template doesn't show up on the page.

Some observations:

1. I noticed on CRX/DE that the link was saved on this node => /conf/a1apps/settings/wcm/templates/content-page/structure/jcr:content/root/content/cta_button.
  2. As a test, I did the same on the We.Retail Content Page template and the link was saved on this node => /conf/we-retail/settings/wcm/templates/content-page/structure/jcr:content/root/cta_button.
  3. For my template, policy changes appear on => /conf/a1apps/settings/wcm/templates/content-page/policies/jcr:content/content.
  4. For the We.Retail template, policy changes appear on => /conf/we-retail/settings/wcm/templates/content-page/policies/jcr:content/root
  5. In the case of the page using the We.Retail template, the 3 problems I mentioned above are not happening.
  6. As another test using CRXDE, I moved cta_button node from /conf/my-app/settings/wcm/templates/content-page/structure/jcr:content/root/content to /conf/flinders/settings/wcm/templates/content-page/structure/jcr:content/root. I then deleted this node => /conf/my-app/settings/wcm/templates/content-page/structure/jcr:content/root/content. Several observations when I did this:
    • When I refreshed my template, the link is not showing up anymore.
    • The components on the side panel are still showing and I can still drag and drop them.
    • On the page using the template, I still cannot see the link.
    • On the page using the template, the components on the side panels are now showing and I can drag and drop them again onto the parsys.

Any ideas on what could be happening and how to fix?

Thank you

---------------------

Here's an album of screenshot of my setup: https://imgur.com/a/yhyKGEA

If I missed any information, I will check see if I can provide it.

0 Replies