Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Error with TouchUI Dialog Multifield!

Level 2

Hello,

Let me preface this issue by saying that this happens in every browser except for Edge.

I have a rotating banner component where users can fill out the following:

• Title
  • Description
  • Banner Image
  • Link

These are nested below a multifield, so users are able to click on the Add Field button to create multiple banners.

The problem I have is that this only works in Edge; every other browser I've tried this in has the following issues:

1. The dialog does not save what the user fills out
  2. Trying to drag more than one image into the TouchUI dialog causes the other images to disappear (several Clear buttons are added when this happens).

Can you please take a look at this and see why every other browser is causing this issue? I have attached my component to this post. Just change the .txt to .zip

Thanks, Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hello,

I managed to get it working, but some of it did. I needed to add the latest feature pack / hotfixes for this to work.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Level 10

Did this come from the AEM blog article?  

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hello,

I managed to get it working, but some of it did. I needed to add the latest feature pack / hotfixes for this to work.

Level 2

Perhaps you can assist with one last issue that is related. I have a mini RTE inside of the multifield in the TouchUI dialog.

Here are the items that I need to have resolved:

1. The RTE doesn't seem to have the ability to go full screen. I need to have access to the plugins (not sure how to add them in the dialog)
  2. The mini RTE causes Chrome to crash.

I've attached the component, just change .txt to .zip

Under Choose a tout type, select Generic textarea and a mini RTE will display below.

Thanks, Matt

Level 10

. I need to have access to the plugins (not sure how to add them in the dialog)

You can add plugins to a RTE - see this community article: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/configure-touchui-rte.html

Level 2

This doesn't seem to apply when you have the RTE nested in a multifield in a touch ui dialog.

I just need to be able to set the component style to the node of type cq/gui/components/authoring/dialog/richtext

Level 10

This component is not loading when I drag it from the siderail in Touch UI - can you make sure its not referencing any content that is not available with my AEM instance. 

Level 2

I have provided the barebones component. It lives under the General group.

See attached: Uninstall the previous example and install this one. Just convert the file extension to .zip 

Level 10

I talked with Sreekanth Choudry Nalabotu <nalabotu@adobe.com>. Here is a demo package that may help you in this use case:

http://experience-aem.blogspot.com/2015/06/aem-61-touch-ui-image-multifield.html

Level 2

This is what I used to resolve my first issue. But there is still the outstanding issue where I cannot see a way to have the RTE plugins inside of a dialog.

If you look at the second package I sent you, you'll see that the RTE is nested withing a multifield. How can I access the plugins at this level?

Level 10

OK - i know the issue you are running into. When you use plug-ins to configure the RTE in a TOuch UI dialog, you can only see the plug-ins (like the style plug-in) - when you place the RTE into full screen mode. This is a known issue. You can log a ticket - but currently that is how it works as talked about in this article: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/configure-touchui-rte.html