Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Error while publishing page

Level 3

All pages in my website are throwing this error when published in touch UI, even by the admin user:

Failed to retrieve references for the selected page.

The error in the server shows as below:

06.09.2018 21:41:25.085 *ERROR* [10.30.86.247 [1536284485082] GET /libs/wcm/core/content/reference.json HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingRequestProcessorImpl service: Uncaught Throwable

java.lang.NullPointerException: null

at com.day.cq.wcm.webservicesupport.impl.ConfigurationReferenceProvider.findReferences(ConfigurationReferenceProvider.java:86)

I checked online and it says something about the reference component in the website. But I dont have any such component in the website.

What can I do to fix this issue ? I am using AEM 6.2

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

First please check the component state - navigate to http://HOST:PORT/system/console/components and search for ActivationReferenceSearchServlet

Not too sure Riju as you just shared a log snippet.. For pages giving this issue , can you validate parent node's jcr:content if it has cq:cloudserviceconfigs node with configs pointing to /etc/cloudservices/* attached to it.

For a test, Can you take a backup of the node to temp for a bit further remove this property and then try to reactivate the page. NPE might come when the page is trying to access and build the references to these configs .

I also suggest raising a Day care case

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Do you have a permission for replicate across these nodes?

Level 10

As praveen states - check permission on all nodes.

Correct answer by
Employee

First please check the component state - navigate to http://HOST:PORT/system/console/components and search for ActivationReferenceSearchServlet

Not too sure Riju as you just shared a log snippet.. For pages giving this issue , can you validate parent node's jcr:content if it has cq:cloudserviceconfigs node with configs pointing to /etc/cloudservices/* attached to it.

For a test, Can you take a backup of the node to temp for a bit further remove this property and then try to reactivate the page. NPE might come when the page is trying to access and build the references to these configs .

I also suggest raising a Day care case

Level 3

Yes ! removing the cloudservices config from the website homepage did the trick !!

The cloud services I added for google analytics were missing the jcr:content nodes on this server and thats why they were causing this error on all pages on replication.