Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Error while converting xlsx stream to Workbook while migrating from AEM 6.3 to 6.4

Level 3

Hi Team,

Recently I moved my project base from AEM6.3 to 6.4. While doing the sanity testing I found that the application is throwing error while converting the xlsx filestream to Apache POI Workbook object.

Below is the code.

It's working in AEM6.3 but not in AEM6.4

Resource fileResource = resourceResolver.getResource(path);

Asset asset = null;

asset = fileResource.adaptTo(Asset.class);

InputStream fileStream = asset.getOriginal().getStream();

Workbook excelWorkBook = new XSSFWorkbook(fileStream );

In POM I am using the "com.adobe.granite.poi" dependency.

Below is the error that I am getting.

org.apache.poi.POIXMLException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at org.apache.poi.POIXMLFactory.createDocumentPart(POIXMLFactory.java:63) [com.adobe.granite.poi:2.0.24]

at org.apache.poi.POIXMLDocumentPart.read(POIXMLDocumentPart.java:604) [com.adobe.granite.poi:2.0.24]

at org.apache.poi.POIXMLDocument.load(POIXMLDocument.java:186) [com.adobe.granite.poi:2.0.24]

at org.apache.poi.xssf.usermodel.XSSFWorkbook.<init>(XSSFWorkbook.java:296) [com.adobe.granite.poi:2.0.24]

Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: null

at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor142.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)

at org.apache.poi.xssf.usermodel.XSSFFactory.createDocumentPart(XSSFFactory.java:56) [com.adobe.granite.poi:2.0.24]

at org.apache.poi.POIXMLFactory.createDocumentPart(POIXMLFactory.java:60) [com.adobe.granite.poi:2.0.24]

... 141 common frames omitted

Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.schema.SchemaTypeImpl cannot be cast to org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.values.TypeStoreUserFactory

at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Xobj.setStableType(Xobj.java:1402

at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Cur.setType(Cur.java:2500)

at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Cur.setType(Cur.java:2485)

at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale.autoTypeDocument(Locale.java:358)

at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale.parseToXmlObject(Locale.java:1390)

at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale.parseToXmlObject(Locale.java:1369)

at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.schema.SchemaTypeLoaderBase.parse(SchemaTypeLoaderBase.java:370)

at org.apache.poi.POIXMLTypeLoader.parse(POIXMLTypeLoader.java:144) [com.adobe.granite.poi:2.0.24]

at org.openxmlformats.schemas.drawingml.x2006.main.ThemeDocument$Factory.parse(Unknown Source) [com.adobe.granite.poi:2.0.24]

at org.apache.poi.xssf.model.ThemesTable.<init>(ThemesTable.java:84) [com.adobe.granite.poi:2.0.24]

... 146 common frames omitted

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Answerd by debasiss6552584

Finally I got the root cause of the issue.

The issue was due to a wrong xmlbean dependency being added as part of com.adobe.granite.poi. The correct version of com.adobe.granite.poi should be 2.0.24 when you check in the http://localhost:4502/system/console/depfinder and search for org.apache.xmlbeans.This is happening when I upload AEM forms service package.

Now without the AEM forms service package I am able to successfully execute the xlxs reading .

Thanks all of you for pitching in.

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 2

Can you try this
Workbook workbook = WorkbookFactory.create(fileStream) ??

Level 3

I tried that also it's not working.

Level 2

<!-- https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.poi/poi-ooxml -->

<dependency>

<groupId>org.apache.poi</groupId>

<artifactId>poi-ooxml</artifactId>

<version>4.1.0</version>

</dependency>

Can you check your dependency? This is the dependency for it.

Level 10

We have no Doc for this use case that i can point you to.

Level 3

The issue was due to a wrong xmlbean dependency being added as part of com.adobe.granite.poi. The correct version of com.adobe.granite.poi should be 2.0.24 when you check in the http://localhost:4502/system/console/depfinder and search for org.apache.xmlbeans.This is happening when I upload AEM forms service package.

Now without the AEM forms service package I am able to successfully execute the xlxs reading .

Level 8

Hi Debasis,

Thanks, your post really helped.

Correct answer by
Administrator

Answerd by debasiss6552584

The issue was due to a wrong xmlbean dependency being added as part of com.adobe.granite.poi. The correct version of com.adobe.granite.poi should be 2.0.24 when you check in the http://localhost:4502/system/console/depfinder and search for org.apache.xmlbeans.This is happening when I upload AEM forms service package.

Kautuk Sahni