Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Error while activating a page

Level 2

Hello,

I am not able to activate a page because of the following error. I was able to fix this issue by restoring it to one of the older versions, which leads us to think that there might be some problem with the current version.

We have copied instance X(6.1) from server P to server O. We have in-place upgraded instance X on server O to 6.2. Issue occurs on the instance O and works fine on P. Is it possible that there was some data loss while moving the instance. Also, I cannot delete the page in siteadmin.

I have activated tree (of 50 pages) and could see issue for just 2 pages.

11.01.2017 05:34:36.093 *ERROR* [10.250.106.129 [1484130876072] POST /bin/replicate.json HTTP/1.1] com.day.cq.replication.impl.servlets.CommandServlet Error during replication: Base version does not exist.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Base version does not exist.
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.version.ReadWriteVersionManager.getExistingBaseVersion(ReadWriteVersionManager.java:254)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.version.ReadWriteVersionManager.checkin(ReadWriteVersionManager.java:118)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.delegate.VersionManagerDelegate.checkin(VersionManagerDelegate.java:66)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.version.VersionManagerImpl$7.perform(VersionManagerImpl.java:355)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.version.VersionManagerImpl$7.perform(VersionManagerImpl.java:346)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.delegate.SessionDelegate.perform(SessionDelegate.java:208)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.version.VersionManagerImpl.checkin(VersionManagerImpl.java:346)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.session.NodeImpl.checkin(NodeImpl.java:1080)
        at com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.PageManagerImpl.createRevision(PageManagerImpl.java:1325)
        at com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.PageManagerImpl.createRevision(PageManagerImpl.java:1259)
        at com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.VersionManagerImpl.preprocess(VersionManagerImpl.java:369)

Let me know if you need any more details.

Thanks

Srikanth

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Yes, I can activate the older versions. Meanwhile, I have tried to restore it to the version that was causing issue(latest), now it works fine.

But I had to go back to older version and then come back to it. Strange !!!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Are you able to see previous version of these 2 pages on server O?

Level 2

edubey wrote...

Are you able to see previous version of these 2 pages on server O?

Thanks for your response. Yes, I can see the version and if I restore the page to one of the older versions, then the problem of page activation is solved.

Thanks

Srikanth

Level 10

Once you restore and then make a change - can you activate the modified version? 

Correct answer by
Level 2

Yes, I can activate the older versions. Meanwhile, I have tried to restore it to the version that was causing issue(latest), now it works fine.

But I had to go back to older version and then come back to it. Strange !!!

Level 10

I am glad that you got it working.