Expand my Community achievements bar.

Error: org.apache.sling.scripting.sightly.render.ObjectModel Cannot access method redirectTarget [Revisit]

Level 7

Hi All,

Initially I had an issue of object access issue described in this thread:

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/error-org-apache-sling-scr...

Basically I created a template with a structure resource located at

/apps/mysite/components/structure/content-detail. I like to have my own customize resourceSuperType, so I copied "core/wcm/components/page/v2" to "/apps/mysite/wcm/components/page/v2", without any changes. Then all pages using content-detail will have "Cannot access" errors when pointing to /apps/mysite/wcm/components/page/v2", as:

org.apache.sling.scripting.sightly.render.ObjectModel Cannot access method redirectTarget on object com.adobe.cq.wcm.core.components.internal.models.v1.PageImpl@33ab76ab

The file/resource structure:

/apps

+ core

|

+ mysite

content-detail 

sling:resourceSuperType="core/wcm/components/page/v2/page"  ---> no error message

content-detail

sling:resourceSuperType="/apps/mysite/wcm/components/page/v2/page" ---> has error message

Then I cloned core/wcm/components/page/v2, created a node as v3 under the same directory as core/wcm/components/page/v3, again, it fails

content-detail 

sling:resourceSuperType="core/wcm/components/page/v3/page"  ---> has error message

Anyone has any idea why cloning doesn't work?

Thanks!

-kt

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @kevingtan 

Can you check if your bundles are active? Also, instead of copying the node altogether, you can proxy the component and refer it to core components page.

Thanks,

Kiran Vedantam.