Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

Error in package installation vis Package Manager

Level 3

Facing issues on installation of DAM packages on one server.

Error - "Error while creating tmp file."

These packages work fine on other servers.

Any directions?

Thanks

Vatsal

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

please have a look at the error.log file, theres should be an indication about the problem. Regarding this specific message you might have a look at the free disk space on the volume where you tmpdir is located on.

kind regards,
Jörg

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 10

Are the versions of CQ the same on the ones that work and do not work? If they are all the same - the package that works on 1 instance should be working on other instances. 

What CQ version are you working with. 

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

please have a look at the error.log file, theres should be an indication about the problem. Regarding this specific message you might have a look at the free disk space on the volume where you tmpdir is located on.

kind regards,
Jörg

Level 3

There is not anything in the logs. The disk space is enough.

Employee Advisor

Hi,

and this affects only 1 server? Does it effect all packages you are uploading?

Jörg

Level 1

Hello, 

I ran into this issue too on AEM 6.5 recently and believe my answer on this thread may help others. To diagnose the problem, I have first looked up the temporary location for the AEM process:

# ps -ef | grep java | grep tmp
crx 6533 1 10 Jan27 ?  1-00:30:24 java -Xms4096m -Xmx4096m -Djava.io.tmpdir=/ephemeral0/tmp ...  -jar /mnt/crx/author/cq-author-4502.jar -r author,test,dynamicmedia_scene7 -r nosamplecontent -nofork -nobrowser

As per this community thread there could be several reasons for the temp related error and I believe these would apply here too:

- tmpdir does not have enough space

- tmpdir does not exist

- AEM service user does not have proper permission to tmpdir

In my case, there was simply no space left in the temp location:

#:/ephemeral0/tmp df -kh .
Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sdb1        14G   13G     0 100% /ephemeral0

Once I removed some of the files no longer necessary, package installation completed successfully.

Irina