Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Error in extending Core Component in AEMaaCS

Level 1

Hi,

I'm extending the Table of contents core component, to include an heading tag which will be skipped by the component during render. So, I overlayed the html and added my changes to the html. When I paste the changes to crx/de in local the results are working as expected. But when I try to build using maven, getting the below error

[ERROR] /Users/abc/projects/corp/ui.apps/target/generated-sources/htl/org/apache/sling/scripting/sightly/apps/corp/components/table__002d__of__002d__contents/table__002d__of__002d__contents__002e__html.java:[72,80] cannot find symbol
symbol: class TableOfContents

Since its an AEMaaCS, can i add the core dependency in pom.xml with provided scope?

anand_kumar_t_0-1718973302450.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I believe when you create a maven archetype for your cloud project it’s added by default.

<groupId>com.adobe.cq</groupId>
<artifactId>core.wcm.components.version</artifactId>
<version>${core.wcm.components.version}</version>

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I believe when you create a maven archetype for your cloud project it’s added by default.

<groupId>com.adobe.cq</groupId>
<artifactId>core.wcm.components.version</artifactId>
<version>${core.wcm.components.version}</version>

Administrator

@anand_kumar_t Did you find the suggestion helpful? Please let us know if you require more information. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you've discovered a solution yourself, we would appreciate it if you could share it with the community. Thank you!  

Kautuk Sahni